Your eyes are the first thing people notice about your appearance. Other things come second. This post and other subsequent posts point out how to apply eye shadow, eyeliner, makeup, foundation, lipstick etc.
Smokey eyes has no doubt been here for long and unlike many makeup acts,it is here to stay. To obtain the perfect smokey eye,one must make sure that the colours blend into each other perfectly.
1. Prepare the Lid: the key to keeping eyeshadow from melting into your eyelid crease as the day goes on is to keep the eye oil-free. To do this, start with an eye shadow base (or primer), swipe it gently across the eye and let it dry before applying the next thing.
2. Apply Eyeliner: when going for a black, brown or grey smokey look, apply eyeliner of any of these colours above the upper lash line. Draw the line thicker in the middle.
3. Blend in Colour: blend in colour on your bottom lashes, use an eyeliner pencil because they are easy to smudge. Once the line is drawn, run your finger over it to smudge the line. You can also apply a bit of an eye-shadow to get a full smudge effect.
4. Apply light base colour: the key to a smokey eye is pairing a lighter base colour with a darker hue. Sweep a light shimmering shadow over the lids to your brow bone.
5. Blend in a darker colour: but keep the dark colour below the crease. Now that the base and eye liner is on, its time to get that Smokey effect. You need a darker eye shadow shade. Using an eye shadow brush, blend in colour starting at your lash line so the eye liner disappears. Stop deep colour at crease.
6. Double check your work: make sure the eyes match and blend in perfectly.
7. Finish with several coats of Mascara: apply coats of mascara so that lashes are thick and dark.