1. They wake up early – Successful people know how to take advantage of the day by rising early. When you wake up early, you get more energy to complete the tasks you have before you, your brain is charged and ready to work. Waking up early enhances your productivity because there are less distractions in the early hours of the day and you’ll achieve more without interruptions.
2. They exercise – Successful people understand that ill-health will hinder their growth and slow down their productivity so they make exercising a vital function in their day to day activities. Optimum health as well as total functioning of all the body systems is necessary for someone who wants to be successful. If you’re sick in the body, achieving success will not be the first thing on your mind, rather, you’ll be keen on having a good health. Exercising helps to burn some accumulated fats in the body and gets rid of joint pains.
3. They are focused at work – If you wake up early and eat a good breakfast, you will be completely focused at work. Your brain will be constantly supplied with glucose and you will have optimum energy. All your efforts will be concentrated at delivering value.
4. They tackle tough challenges first – Successful people deal with the difficult tasks in from of them first. Keeping difficult tasks for later is a major way by which procrastination creeps into a person’s life.
5. They clear their desks and reduce clutter – Successful people are extremely organized. They clear their desks, put files in the right place and keep records of important things in their journals. They clean up their workdesk in the morning before starting work and also after completing the day’s work. Reducing clutter will make you work faster and more efficiently.
6. They are able to say “No” – Successful people do not over commit themselves, they are able to say no to avoid being overloaded with work. They understand that too much work will only causes stress and make them achieve less. Over commiting yourself makes you less productive because you won’t be able to achieve more than you should.
7. They update their to-do lists – Having a to-do list has a whole lot to do with a person’s success. Tracking down the things you plan to do by writing them down enhances your chances of doing it quickly than if you didn’t write it down. Successful people make it a duty to constantly update their to-do lists.
8. They carve out time for unexpected tasks and focus on their projects – Successful people carry out daily tasks that moves them closer to achieving their goals. They also create room for unexpected but necessary tasks by not over commiting and over loading themselves with work.
9. They set deadlines – Strategic deadlines are designed to help you meet your goals every day. It also helps you to deliver better value. People who are successful today already understand the purpose of setting deadlines and they strive to meet those deadlines.
10. They visualize successful outcomes – No matter what you do in life, the ability to visualize success is by far the most important aspect in all. If you can’t see success in a thing before or while doing it, all your efforts will be in vain. Visualize success in whatever you’re doing and soon, your picture will be featured in your future.