Negativity is a characteristic of being pessimistic. Or being a person who expresses a negative viewpoint invariably. It is a tendency to be downbeat, disagreeable or skeptical. Being negative is to always expect the worse.
Human beings have the tendency to be negative, to be pessimistic and skeptical, except in rare cases, by discipline or by nature. It is easier for us to complain than to make an effort to see the positive side of situations.
Negative thoughts are caused by elements of our beliefs, values, the people we associate with, and a lot more reasons. It doesn’t contribute to our lives in anyway, in fact it diminishes our lives.
Here are negative habits you must stop before it eats you up completely
1. Worry: Worry changes nothing. The only thing it changes is your mental health and your state of peace. Don’t worry about the things you cannot change, instead, focus on the things you can change.
2. Complaining: A major character flaw. This happens when you only focus on the wrong things or the negative parts of something. A man who complains all the time will find it hard to enjoy the pleasantness of life. You only set yourself up for unhappiness.
3. Self Doubt: A little seed of self doubt will grow all over the place, extending it’s branches. Slouching and slumping only shows that you are under confident and ill at ease. Thus, you’ll be quickly forgotten.
4. Perfectionism: Setting performance standards that are too high and too critical will quickly drive you nuts. Perfectionism can drive an individual to attempt to achieve an unattainable and unrealistic goal.
5. Judgmental: Either of self or of other people is a negative trait every individual must kill. Nobody is perfect and no one likes to be judged. Once you become judgmental of other people, you will see nothing about them but flaws. This makes you critical and skeptical.
6. Fear: Admit it, you are scared of something, of starting a new project, of venturing into a new business. It could be fear of the unknown. We are all scared of something, but we must not let this fear deter us. Fear is a function of doubt and a doubtful mind is an unstable mind.
7. Jealousy: Jealousy is a disease, it spreads like wild fire. The earlier you kill it, the better for you. Jealousy blinds you from the things you have and the things you can do and it makes you desire what others have, soon envy sets in.