Success is paramount in anything you do in life. What inspired this post is what I heard someone say few days back. Everyone seem to be blaming the government for their lack and misfortune, but that’s a topic for another day.
To be successful in life, you have to be intentional about every step you take. Don’t just go with the flow, watch out for value drainers and do the following :
* Define What You Want: Clarity is the beginning of a successful venture. If you are clear about what you want to do, you’ll know the very next step to take in order to secure your future and you’ll stop blaming the government.
For example, if you are passionate about cooking and you want to venture into the food business, but you also have a strong passion for music, what you need to do is to be clear about what your area of strength, here, you must carry out a SWOT analysis in order to gain clarity about the business you need to go into.
* Go For The Right Training: You need the basic skills to help grow your business, therefore, you need to come up with new ideas and knowledge. Innovation is the new world order, creativity and passion is what makes a business, craft or project thrive. Increase your ability to earn because, according to George Clarson, “The man who seeks to learn more of his craft shall be richly rewarded.”
A good and well skilled worker will soon become the most notable among his peers. These days, there are many avenues for learning. You don’t have to leave the comfort of your home, with just a click, you can learn all that you need to know on the internet.
* Apply What You’ve Learnt: Don’t just learn and fold your arms. Apply what you have learnt and seek to get better than you were. What distinguishes the skilled worker from the untrained is his ability to apply that which he has learnt to the work at hand.
* Take Action: Idleness is one of the major killers of creativity and innovation. In some organizations, there’s no time for staff reclination at all. Everyone is expected to be working on one thing or the other. This is because they know that if there’s too much room for rest, idleness sets in and thus gives birth to mediocrity. So take action.
My mentor would say “The cheapest way to deteriorate in value is to be without work.” Notice that it said ‘work’ and not ‘job’ It means that you don’t have to get a job before you take action, just find something worthwhile doing and produce results.
* Value Your Time: How would you like to waste a million naira on nothing significant? I know you wouldn’t like to, therefore, do well not to waste your time on irrelevant activities. A second lost can never be regained, don’t let anyone spend your time on inconsequential activities. Instead, invest your time in profitable things.
* Be Persistent: Persistence is to continue firmly or obstinately in an opinion or course of action in spite of whatever happens. Persistent people get more rewards from their labour than people who give up easily. It might not work the first time, but the odds are always in your favour, keep at it.
* Overcome Fear and Be Confident: Fear is an enemy of success, people who fear so much often become limited for their lack of confidence. Such that they fear to take risks and would rather remain comfortable. Fear cripples you mentally and emotionally and it prevents you from making decisions that would have been otherwise a game changer for you. Get rid of it.
* Develop Good Character: Character will make a man go farther than he can imagine. Character will make you sit at tables meant for kings and royalties, character will allow a man indulge in banters with people of high standing, without impunity.
Develop good character and let all men know. Good character equals a good name and a good name is said to be far better than great riches.
* Empower Others: “The able leader trains understudies to whom he may delegate, at will, the details of his position. Only in this way may he multiply himself and prepare himself to be at many places and give attention to many things at the same time.” These are the words of Napoleon Hill on empowering followers and people in general.
* Give It Hundred Percent: This simply means, invest your time and energy in what you are doing, give it your all and be consistent.